||||| Wednesday, August 29, 2007
||||||| "Qway-sah-dill-uhs!!!"
I might have discovered the world's best quesadilla at the un-aptly named House of Pies here in Los Feliz.



This sounds cliche and has probably been used before on this sight, but the flavors and tastes and textures are like a party in my mouth. Or should I say, a fiesta in my mouth.

The ingredients are simple: tortilla shell, cheese, steak with carne asada, green peppers, tomato in a pico de gallo-esque form, and avocados. But they use the right amounts of each ingredient, with the piping hot pico de gallo adding a juicy element to go along with the crispiness of the tortilla, the soft warmness of the cheese, the rough yet tender steak, and the ever amazing mush that fresh avocados give. The House of Pies isn't afraid to load this up either. This is a stuffed quesadilla, unlike anything you would see at Taco Bell, and the cheese does that thing cheese does whenever you have the right amount at the right melty temperature.

Its big. Its juicy. It warms my tongue and drips down my lips. It invites me to open my mouth wide as I savor every succulent crevice. My fingers are wet from its juices as I explore, trying to find the best way to dive in. When I close my eyes I yearn for it and I daydream, wishing I had more, right here, right now.

Mmm. Zesty.

Labels: ,

posted by Jon || 3 Comments

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

sick. i can't believe you wrote that on my wall. and now i can't tell if i'm hungry or horny for quesadillas.

August 29, 2007 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

you know..."quesadillas" is actually Spanish for..."jon lee"...

August 29, 2007 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

I think you guys should stop posting Mexican-esque food. It's destroying my spirits. GIVE ME SOME TACOS.

August 30, 2007 at 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home