||||| Monday, April 30, 2007
||||||| "Shiao Tsao Yang Roh"

There are many many good things to eat here in Rowland Heights, CA, aka "Little Taipei". One of them is pictured above, a delicious and tender platter of "Stir Fried Lamb Meat." The lamb is thinly sliced, akin to what you would find in hot pot, and cooked with over-generous portion of hot peppers and some parsley. Lamb is quickly becoming one of my favorite meats, and this dish only reaffirms that by the way the meat melts in my mouth while the spices set it on fire in that salivating way that I do so love. It's a little salty, a little oily, but just thinking about it now makes my mouth water all over again. Located in the Hong Kong Supermarket Plaza at Hunan Wok, this will be one of those dishes that I'll bring friends to try when they visit me in LA. But be warned, Hunan Wok is notorious for its spicy menu. When I ask my uncle where we are going for dinner, he just says, "the spicy place" and "I am going to feel sorry for your asshole tomorrow".

On a side note, I do not think it is coincedence that we started this blog the same week Jonathan Gold won the first ever Pulitzer Prize for Food Criticism.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jon || 3 Comments

3 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

i have pictures of lots of food, but i haven't had the time to post. it will happen soon enough.

i don't what the excuses of the fellow writers are. finals? pshh.

April 30, 2007 at 7:28 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

too busy being an artist
you know

May 2, 2007 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger Roger said...

finals..

May 2, 2007 at 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home