||||| Sunday, April 29, 2007
||||||| "More overpriced food!"


Turkey Meatloaf served with whipped potatoes & sauteed Swiss chard. 16

Overall on taste, I would give it a solid A. But then factor in quantity and a price of sixteen dollars (btw, I spelled 'sixteen' tonight for a literati bingo bonus), and you get the opposite of what Justin is eating in China. But back to the food, I really enjoyed all three parts. The sauce on top of the meatloaf was nice and tangy, the potatoes had a little too soft of texture but tasted fine, and I really liked the sauteed Swiss chard, which I 'think' are those vegetables in the corner. They had some red pepper flakes which, to my delight, made it hot and spicy. This is an ideal comfort food for people who want to pay for it.

I had another 6 dollar lettuce salad too. But hey, at least I was full after the meal this time.

I need to remember to mention more about where I am having these meals in case people want to go. The past two entries have been from a place called AMMO (www.ammocafe.com) here in Hollywood on Highland Ave and Santa Monica. I guess one reason why everything is more expensive is because,

"At AMMO we let the seasons dictate what we prepare, always respecting the ingredients. We have worked hard building strong relations with local farmers and suppliers to ensure the freshest and best tasting ingredients possible. We also believe in purchasing organic when permitted."

Sure.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Jon || 1 Comments

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

i love swiss chard! yes, they're the veggies

April 30, 2007 at 4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home