||||| Wednesday, April 25, 2007
||||||| "I'm getting fat because I work too much."
It's true. Hollywood likes excess, and there is always plenty of food to go around. And the longer you work, the more you're around food, and the more you're supposed to eat (union rules), and so on and so forth.

I usually don't take pictures of what I am eating while working because a) there are a lot of people around (who might think I'm weird for photographing all of my food...) and b) it might be un-professional? Anyways, on set, you have catering companies for you meals, and then in between meals you have a craft service guy. Here is a picture of my lunch:



On my plate is strip steak, buttercorn sweet potatoes, and snow peas and peppers. Catered lunches are usually pretty good, and this was pretty standard. I should note that this is a VERY small lunch in comparison to what I could have. They always also have some sort of grilled chicken or pork, and a fish item. They also have multiple salads, sushi, and plenty of desserts. Last Friday they had crab cakes. I love crab cakes.

So like in my last post, another tip for readers. If you ever see crews filming in Los Angeles, and you're hungry, just hang around and see what comes up. Odds are no one will notice you, just act like you're supposed to be there, and you can get lots of great food. You can even ask for it in to-go boxes!

That's all for now. I'll talk about craft service guys some other time.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jon || 4 Comments

4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

hey jon, what do you do for a living!

April 27, 2007 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

film production angie. its the way to go.

April 28, 2007 at 3:55 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

what kind of movies do you produce?

April 30, 2007 at 5:38 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

well right now i am just a production assistant for commercials, such as some of those t-mobile "fave 5" spots, etc. im not that important yet. but i still get to eat great!

April 30, 2007 at 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home