||||| Friday, April 27, 2007
||||||| "Overpriced Hip and Trendy Hollywood Grub"
At work today we ordered from a cafe named AMMO for lunch. It's one of those places that you might think of when you picture ritzy Hollywood restaurants with wannabe actors and actresses on staff, and you hear lots of fake laughter, and they should just change the name of the restaurant to Lowes, because the clientele is filled with tools. My meal was pretty good though.

"Beef Burger with sharp cheddar, tomato, arugula and caramelized onions, served with AMMO’s shoestring fries. 15"

This was my main entree and it was recommended to me by the host when I placed the order. It was actually quite good, I think the arugala and carmelized onions give it an extra kick and therefore extra points. But is it worth the 750% mark up from a double cheeseburger and fries from McDonald's? That's debatable. But it was organic...

...like I care. A really good burger, but no way I am paying $15 of my own money for that. The fries were so-so.

"Small Salad: Romaine hearts & radicchio in a citrus vinaigrette 6"

Look closely at the picture. You only see lettuce and whatever radicchio is (which I always thought was just purple lettuce...). Six dollars! What! It wasn't even that much lettuce too! They meant it when they said SMALL salad. You think they could at least throw in a baby carrot, or maybe one or two sunflower seeds. But again, production pays for it and not me so...I won't complain too much. But now you see why anyone who voluntarily eats there on their own dime is weird.

On a tangent, I went to a Whole Foods Market in West Hollywood, and I felt out of place (aside from the wide array of characters you'll see in any Hollywood supermarket...). The whole organic all-natural oxidizing blah blah blah that Californians crave, especially in that part of town, started to annoy me. So I went back to work and ate some Oreo cookies. AND IT FELT RIGHT.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Jon || 0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home