||||| Wednesday, April 25, 2007
||||||| "Happy hour really is happy."
Not that I care too much for $1 off margaritas. I do however deeply care for 1/2 off appetizers. I only took two photos because Grace and I ate most of our food before I remembered to take pictures.


I should add that this happy hour was a Z-Tejas. Grace and I both realized that we had thought this place was strictly southwestern Tex-Mex despite many visits before, but only now did we notice that Z-Tejas is in fact "A new American restaurant" as they call themselves, and only portions of their menu resemble traditional Tex-Mex establishments. Above you will see some standard quesadillas. They were okay, nothing special. The 1/2 off makes them worthwhile though. I had better quesadillas a few days later on set for one of the commercials I was working on. I didn't take a picture of that though because I was too busy wolfing them down. And conversely, that is why I have pictures of these quesadillas, because they were just okay.


Now these, these were great. And at 1/2 off, we ordered a second one (which also explains why I have a picture of them) They are, "Grilled Shrimp & Guacamole Tostada Bites: Herb-and-pumpkin-seed tostada rounds, topped with pesto-grilled shrimp, fresh guacamole and a dash of chipotle."

They were pretty awesome, and rather spicy, which made them even better. The crunchyness of the tostada with the softer grilled shrimp proved to be a winning combination. Add some guacamole, and it truely felt like a fiesta in my mouth. Texture is important friends. Texture is important.

I think we as foodasauruses should also make lists of tips for our readers to maximize their foodivore ways. Obviously, one of them should be to attend happy hours and get 1/2 off appetizers. I think our readers would benefit.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jon || 2 Comments

2 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

It's foodasaurs, Jon. Not foodasauruses. You know, like the name of the blog.

This picture made me hungry. I'm going to go eat.

April 25, 2007 at 7:19 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Do we even have readers? Grace do you want to be a foodasaur?

April 25, 2007 at 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home